Aug 14, 2009

It's harder to come back than it is to arrive!

It's harder to come back than it is to arrive. I heard those words float over the din in the market last week and my reflex reaction was to say under my breath, 'ain't that the truth'... after a couple of seconds though I thought again. Yes, well, arriving is not exactly a piece of cake, is it? Or do I even know what it is to 'arrive'? Arrive at what? Arrive where and by whose definition of arrival? Somewhere deep within my life recollections there is a hazy memory of feeling I had made an arrival of some kind, somewhere, but I can't recall specifics. If whatever it was I had arrived at was anything to write home about I should be able to remember it now, right?

It's coming back that I know a little something about. Some may even go as far as to say I've made a career out of 'coming-back'. Or reinventing myself as it were. I'm not saying I'm Madonna, I've just been so many "places" in my life and time you'd think I'd pick one and stay there. The way I figure it, I maybe have one more 'come-back' left in me, and I'm not completely convinced I'll be able to pull it off, so stay tuned. What in hell does all this mean? Is there a message or a moral here to 'arrive at'? Maybe not, or maybe the lesson is not to think so much about what you hear other people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? My word verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. You're welcome!