Jun 20, 2009

This Place is For the Birds!




Most mornings me, Dusty and Roman take a short walk around the property. It makes the dogs think they're going on a cool adventure, and helps me to wake up. One morning I took along my trusty camera and photographed some of the lawn tchotehkes (nicknacks) that Sis has accumulated over the years. These birdhouses blend nicely with the scenery and give you that 'country' feel, but what I didn't know until yesterday is that almost every one of them have actually been used as nesting places for a variety of birds. I was a little surprised about that, making me realize how 'cityfied' I still am. Where I come from you put a little birdhouse in your garden for looks. You never expect that anyone would really put it to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? My word verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. You're welcome!