Sep 28, 2009

Road Closed!

At 4:45 on Saturday morning I made the glorious discovery that water service had returned to Spit and Glue. It was early, and took every ounce of self control I had not to call Sis and screech into the phone "WE HAVE WATER!" I didn't want to wake her on her day off, so went about my business and by seven o'clock had taken a shower, bathed a funky dog, done two loads of laundry, washed the dishes, and to be absolutely certain I wasn't dreaming, flushed the toilet several times for good measure. Hallefrikinlujah! By yesterday's end I managed to finish every other housekeeping item requiring water, including breaking a sweat. Things aren't completely back to normal though, until further notice we'll have to boil water if we want to drink or cook with it. After roughing it over five days, this is not a problem. But wouldn't you know it rained again yesterday and the day before. Jeez... so far September has been the most unpleasant month here. Come on October, one of my favorite months no matter where I am, when you can feel fall in the air and are conscious of up coming holidays from Halloween to New Years... for me it's bliss.
But our road is still closed and frankly not too much of a problem since there are easy back-ways to take to get to town from here. Part of me wishes the road would stay closed. It's so nice and quiet without the traffic we usually hear. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just enjoying while I can.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the piece and quiet---we live by a BUSY road and the noise is awful!

    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have water! stopping by from sits:)

    Please stop by www.whoknewreviews.blogspot.com and check out the Blog For A Cure blog party! Tons if prizes up for grabs all week long, and its a great way to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? My word verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. You're welcome!