Jul 11, 2009

A Walk in the Park!



We've been aching for a good walking place here in GA. Me and my K9 are used to the morning ritual. The first few months we were here, we carved out a little path thru the woods right behind the property. That was okay until the season changed and our little route became overgrown and difficult to walk. So lately we've been limited to walking the small parameter around the houses. Not a real walk by our standards. It was hot and sticky this morning at the little baseball park less than a mile from here, but BOY did it feel fantastic to move.
Roman outsmarted herself and slipped through the barbwire fence. She couldn't figure out how to get back onto our side, and the grass was so tall I couldn't see her. About 5 minutes went by and I went from zero concern to panic in a nano-second as I called out and whistled to no avail.
I started wondering how I was going to get over the barbwire and find my little darling. Had she managed to get as far down as the highway? OMG!!! But a few minutes later, she came barrelling out of the blue. From the opposite direction. I don't know where she went or how she got back, but it all's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? My word verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. You're welcome!