Jul 6, 2009

Tuxedo Table!


Wish I'd have been smart and taken a "before" photo of this little table. It had been out in the weather for quite a while, wood veneer shedding off of it's top. Sis and I did some porch-purging a few months back and it wound up where we put things that we don't know what to do with.
I kept seeing it when I'd walk through the shop, sitting in the corner gathering dust and looking pitiful, but I liked the fact that the legs had little wheels on them. So I rescued it, sanded down the old top as best I could and painted it black and white. I wasn't even sure I'd use it, but pretty soon I was rolling it from room to room, using it for a variety of things around the house.

Then one day Sis stopped by the cottage and saw the table. She looked pleased and told me Doug had actually custom made the table for her years ago to accommodate the computer set-up in her office at the time. I LOVED hearing that, and was so glad to have spruced it up. Even better, it suddenly occurred to me that I had the PERFECT use for it. I'd been looking for something that would sort of 'go-with-the-flow' in my little office in the cottage! Notice the table- top extends out on one side? IT'S PERFECT!!!! Thank you Doug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? My word verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. You're welcome!