Jun 24, 2009

Website or Blog, What's the Difference?

Deck painting is coming along. We've moved to Mom's back deck where some areas had never been painted at all. Early mornings only though, like 7:00 or 7:30 to 10:00, because it's HOT out there. I'll share more photos of our progress in an upcoming post. Meanwhile, just a few thoughts to share with you this morning.

Blogging is pretty new for me, but I've learned it's pretty new for everyone else too. Rules and tools to blogging change every day, so in that respect, we're making it up as we go along. Some say it's the wave of the future for marketing a product or service and increasing sales. Others (most people I know) don't make the distinction between a blog and a website. I love the way my friends at www.menwithpens.com/ put it: A blog is a personal diary. A daily pulpit. A collaborative space. A political soapbox. A breaking-news outlet. A collection of links. Your own private thoughts. Memos to the world."

A perfect definition, but they left out conversation. A major key to the blog thing is the comment section at the end of each post. Not just 2-way, but multi-way conversations can take place there on any topic. That doesn't happen on a website. A website is 'static'. Content sits on the site, it doesn't change very frequently. It's not supposed to.

Comments are welcome, even necessary for a blogs success. I'd love to see comments from you. Tell me what you think of Spit and Glue so far, or anything else that comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? My word verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. You're welcome!